The AGS has been active in measure review and development through participation in a number of partnerships and collaborations.
As our health system continues to shift towards reimbursing providers based on the quality rather than the quantity of care they provide, we must ensure that measures used to evaluate healthcare performance take into account the unique healthcare needs of older people, as well as the challenges providers face when promoting health, independence, and well-being in light of particularly complex care needs.
Our Work in This Area
- Letter to CMS on Patient Relationship Categories and Codes (January 6, 2017)
- Letter to CMS on MACRA Final Rule (December 29, 2016)
- Letter to CMS on Bundled Payment Models for Cardiac and Orthopedic Care Proposed Rule (October 3, 2016)
- Letter on CY 2017 Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule (September 6, 2016)
- Letter to CMS on MACRA Proposed Rule (June 27, 2016)
- Letter to CMS on Changes to Medicare Part D for CY 2017 (March 4, 2016)
- Letter to CMS on Episode Groups RFI (March 1, 2016)
- Letter to Senate Finance Committee on Chronic Care Policy Options (January 26, 2016)
Working in Partnership
- Article: American Geriatrics Society Policy Priorities for New Administration and 115th Congress
- MACRA Toolkit