The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) improved access to health coverage for more than 20 million Americans, including older adults.
We believe that all Americans should have access to high-quality, affordable healthcare coverage. It is essential that we maintain gains in the number of Americans who are covered by health insurance, and that we preserve elements of health reform that are important to older Americans and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries.
Our Work in This Area
- Senate Health Reform Proposal Jeopardizes Care for Us All as We Age (June 22, 2017)
- AGS Statement on President Trump's Full Budget Proposal for 2018 (May 23, 2017)
- Disappointed by House Action, AGS Urges Senate to Reject Amended American Health Care Act (May 4, 2017)
- AGS Voices Opposition to Amended American Health Care Act (April 27, 2017)
- AGS Statement on America First; A Budget Blueprint to Make America Great Again (March 16, 2017)
- AGS Statement on American Health Care Act (March 9, 2017)
- Letter to CMS on ACA Market Stabilization Proposed Rule (March 6, 2017)
- Letter to House and Senate Leadership on Programs and Policies Important to Older Adults (January 12, 2017)
- Letter to President-Elect Trump on Programs and Policies Important to Older Adults (January 10, 2017)