Supported by The John A. Hartford Foundation, the AGS is pleased to announce the launch of AGS CoCare: ORTHO. This multiprofessional, multispecialty approach to geriatrics co-management of older people with hip fractures supports health systems, institutions, and Departments of Orthopedics that would like to implement a geriatrics co-management program that has a proven track record of improving care of older people with hip fractures. Research has shown that the benefits of adopting AGS CoCare: ORTHO include:
- Shorter time to surgery
- Reduced length of stay
- Reduced 30-day re-hospitalization
- Reduced complications and enhanced function after the person returns home
- Reduced number of patients requiring ICU admissions
- Fewer post-operative infections, including UTIs and pneumonia
- Near elimination of restraint use and episodes of delirium
- Reduced in-patient mortality
- Increased proportion of patients discharged home
- Institutional cost savings
What Do We Offer?
Our expert team of geriatricians has almost two decades of experience with implementing geriatrics hip-fracture co-management programs. Now, with support from the John A. Hartford Foundation and investments from the American Geriatrics Society, we are bringing these experts together to synthesize curriculum, tools, and expert advisors into a single program that offers the following:
- Online Educational Curriculum with continuing medical education (CME) credits
- Co-Manager Certification providing recognition for those who participate in the program
- Ongoing Updates and Coaching through scheduled webinars
- Access to Experts & Networking other programs implementing AGS CoCare: Ortho
With Whom Are We Working?
Institutions and systems that seek to improve care of older people with hip fracture. Our offerings include 1-2 initial telephone consultations where our experts will walk you through the resources you should have in place to optimize your implementation of this innovative care model.
Phase 1 Coming Fall 2017...
For more information contact Deena Sandos at
firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 308-1414
Click here to view slides presented at the AGS 2017 Annual Scientific Meeting session on "Building a Co-Management Program: An Interactive Case Discussion Session."